Originally built in 1929, the bridge was first rebuilt in 1971 after being destroyed by Cyclone Mavis. During a major upgrade of the railway network in 2012, Brookfield Rail completely replaced the bridge as the original structure’s load capacity was too low for the requirements of the upgraded network.
The first photo is of an interpretive sign at a section of the old bridge which is pictured in the second photo. It was kindly donated to the Tenindewa community by Brookfield Rail as a piece of heritage to treasure.
Share this Post