Bindu School was opened in 1923 and closed in 1928. The memorial plaque was unveiled in 1988 by former teacher, Mrs Driscoll who taught at the school in 1927. The plaques were made available by the Australia Bicentennial Authority with support from the Mullewa Shire.
Speeches by Kevin Weir and Shire President, Doug Brenkley and Les Ullrick.
Below is a Geraldton Guardian article regarding the opening of the school in 1923.
Share this Post