View Post

Bob Desmond

On behalf of Faye Keeffe, this is Bob Desmond’s story as he told it called “Looking Back Down the Dusty Track”, written in April 1999. Robert (Bob) Desmond’s Diary Well …

First Wedding in Tenindewa – Eves & Kember

Extract from Tenindewa Notes August 1st 1922 (From Our Own Correspondent) Wedding bells have rung out once more and the first wedding was celebrated at Tenindewa today, Miss Jean Eves …

View Post

The Olman Story

The Beginnings of the Olman Family in the Mullewa /Tenindewa areas – as supplied by Lindsay Olman (2015) Archibald Alfred Alexander Olman The Davies family came to Mullewa in 1926, …

Margaret Alice Pumphery (nee Baker)

A letter to Doreen Butler (1965) from a Rumble family descendant I, Margaret Alice Pumphery (nee Baker), Daughter of Evertine (nee Cousins) and Terence Baker. Evertine was daughter of Emma …

View Post

Rob and Mel Weir History

Matthew Robert Weir was born on 17th Jan 1917 in the Goldfields town of Menzies. His parents were Matthew and Louisa Weir. Louisa, whose maiden name was Baker. Her parents …

View Post

Michael Francis (Frank) Troy

1877 – 1953 MEMBER FOR MOUNT MAGNET, MINISTER OF THE CROWN, DEPUTY PREMIER, AND TENINDEWA PIONEER Before cars filled our roads the usual way of getting from somewhere to somewhere …

View Post

The Tenindewa Staffords

Henry Job Stafford (1864-1959) Popularly known as HJ, Henry Job took up farming land north west from Tenindewa on the Yuna Road in around 1908. “To Sow the Barley” is one …

View Post

Thomas James Moore

1881 – 1961 (Written by his children and abridged and modified by Tony Critch) Our father, Thomas James Moore, was one of those timber-cutting log splitting new recruits from the …

View Post

Kevin Critch

1921 – 2010 Kevin documented his life in On the Road Again -Click and go to an autobiography by Kevin Critch. His story starts in 1853 when his grandfather was born, and …

View Post

Tenindewa School Site

Tenindewa Primary School was opened from 1914 to 1939. The first school at Tenindewa opened on the 31′ March 1913 in a building donated by Mr Norman FRY, one of …

View Post

Bindu School Site

Bindu School was opened in 1923 and closed in 1928. The memorial plaque was unveiled in 1988 by former teacher, Mrs Driscoll who taught at the school in 1927. The plaques …