View Post

The Long Lost Sign

When the Tenidewa Railway siding was eliminated on 12.1.1987 a builder from Geraldton named Carnamello had the contract for the demolition task. He kept the Tenindewa siding sign and not long after …

View Post

Tenindewa Stockyards

The stockyards are located opposite the Tenindewa Store. Together with the Store they are all that remains of the once thriving community that was built around the Tenindewa siding/railway station.

View Post

Tenindewa School Site

Tenindewa Primary School was opened from 1914 to 1939. The first school at Tenindewa opened on the 31′ March 1913 in a building donated by Mr Norman FRY, one of …

View Post

Bindu School Site

Bindu School was opened in 1923 and closed in 1928. The memorial plaque was unveiled in 1988 by former teacher, Mrs Driscoll who taught at the school in 1927. The plaques …

Tenindewa Pioneer Well (Woolya Water Reserve)

Early history of Wollya Water Reserve Researched by Lance Stevens Southern Cross Historical Society 2010 The availability of water for settlers in the newly opened district of Tenindewa was a …

Woolya Reserve

Tenindewa has had a few names including Kockatea over time but originally it was known as Woolya after the aboriginal spring or soakage on water reserve 945. These days it …